New year, new you!
Bare Envy Laser & Massage is going to improve your life, self-esteem and overall confidence. You’re going to feel like you incite envy when you see yourself bare after we are finished perfecting your image!
Beauty Is Skin Deep
- Let’s face it after the holidays our skin doesn’t exactly have that refreshing glow that you want for spring and summer. It could be from that extra slice of fruitcake or that extra glass of wine causing breakout and inflammation of the skin this is because what you eat and drink can have a huge effect on your skin and complexion. Let’s explore some mitigation for your skin:
- You can start by reducing your intake of refined sugars and grains. This would mean bread, crackers, cereal or desserts made with white flour, any pasta made with white flour, white rice, and rice noodles. Not to mention soda pops, juice, and other sugar-sweetened beverages even if they have sweeteners like cane sugar, maple syrup, honey or agave. The bloodstream absorbs the sugars and quickly increases blood sugar levels which then raises insulin levels making the androgen hormones overactive. This overactivity contributes to acne development and produces sebum production. It has also been found that low-glycemic diets are associated with reduced sebum and oil production.
- Dairy products can also lead to breakouts and inflammation especially if you are lactose intolerant. Ice cream, milk, and cheese consumption have been linked to acne flareups, this could be from the hormones or other molecules that are found in milk. Milk is also known to increase insulin levels like previously mentioned. Switching to nut milk or even oat milk can help reduce the negative effects.
- Fast foods and anything saturated with grease is important to avoid because they can also cause inflammation. There is however some debate on whether or not there are a direct cause and effect relationship between bad skin and greasy, fast foods. Often these items are loaded with milk products, refined sugars and then saturated in oils. Acne and breakouts are excess oil and sebum production, so it just makes sense not to contribute additional oil into the equation.
- Omega-6 fatty acids are another element to steer clear of, instead try omega-3 fatty acids Omega-6 can be found in vegetable oils, including corn, evening primrose seed, safflower, and soybean oils. There are quite a few processed foods that contain excess oils and omega-6 fatty acids, avoiding processed foods will reduce your Omega-6 fatty acid intake.
- Another treat to avoid is chocolate, not only does it contain milk but refined and processed sugars as well. There’s been an ongoing debate if chocolate does or does not cause acne and breakouts, but from what we have learned from sugars and milk it is best to avoid sugar-filled chocolates like milk chocolates in order to get the skin you’re looking for.
- We get it, eating clean is challenging, takes a huge amount of willpower and the results aren’t instant. Giving yourself a spa treatment is that instant gratification you might be seeking, it’s a great treat to reward yourself for eating cleaner. You can have an at-home spa day and give yourself a DIY facial:
- Start out by cleansing your skin, remove makeup and get the foundation of your face clean and fresh. Warm water helps to open the pores and remove the dirt from your skin, but hot water will dry your skin out so be mindful of the temperature. Cream cleansers are the most hydrating, but if you wear a lot of makeup, you might want to use a gel cleanser, a makeup remover, or even coconut/jojoba oil instead.
- Exfoliation is next and should only be done weekly or at most every 3 days, get rid of all those pesky dead skin cells because their accumulation can lead to breakouts. The best part about the exfoliation step is that you don’t need a fancy cleaner, you can simply use just a bit of baking soda and water.
- The next step is to steam your face; boil a pot of water, remove from heat and hover a safe distance above, or just place a hot washcloth on your face. Some skin types may not respond as positively to steaming, so if you have rosacea, eczema or dry skin skip this step.
- A mask is next, your skin-type will determine your mask type so if you have dry skin use a clay-mask and oily skin should use a cream-based mask. If you don’t have a mask readily available just open the fridge and make one! Our favorite is an oatmeal mask; add 1/3 cup of oatmeal to about 1/5 cup of boiling water and wait until it settles and cools a little bit. Add in 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and one small egg white. Apply a thin layer to your face and time yourself: 15 minutes then rinse, using cold water helps to close the pores.
- You can then tone the skin, this closes the pores and sets the skin for the final step of moisturizer. Whether you buy toner or make your own, pat it on, never rub it into your skin because we don’t want to irritate your face. Moisturizers require some careful thought if you are worried about breakouts and redness look for oil-free face lotion. The moisturizer is probably the most important step so don’t skip it.
- Acquiring lovely skin is quite the process, if you aren’t achieving the results you want as quickly as you want, come visit Bare Envy. We have a wide range of services that are great for reducing skin imperfections here are the best for breakouts:
- Hollywood Facial:
The Carbon Peel or Baby Doll Facial are also names for this amazing service. This service combines exfoliation and toning, it reduces pore size and this facial heals acne and destroys excess oil. It comes highly recommended for those who have oily skin, blackheads, dull skin and large pores.
- Clear Lift Skin Resurfacing Treatments:
Intended for all skin types, it is a reliable and effective way of correcting skin’s imperfections. It is laser skin resurfacing and it can treat acne scars and restore skin health for a more youthful and radiant glow.
- Hollywood Facial: